BEYOND BASIC - Mechanical Ventilation
A 2 day course suitable for senior trainees in Intensive Care Medicine, Anaesthesia or other acute disciplines; as a refresher for Intensive Care or Respiratory Physicians, Consultant Anaesthetists, and experienced intensive care nurses.
VENUE Hawke’s Bay (Hawke’s Bay Fallen Soldiers' Memorial Hospital, Education Centre, Peter Lloyd Auditorium). Download information sheet.
Numbers are strictly limited.
Course includes pre-course reading, lectures, skill stations, learning assessment. Candidates should have attended a BASIC course prior to the Beyond BASIC course. Participants must have read the textbook and have completed an online MCQ test prior to attending the course.
- Applied respiratory physiology, Acute respiratory failure, Heart-lung interactions
- Advanced airway management, Humidification, Basics of mechanical ventilation
- Assist control modes: volume control, pressure control, pressure regulated volume control
- SIMV and assist modes including pressure support, volume support and neurally adjusted ventilatory assist
- Other modes: adaptive support ventilation, bilevel airway pressure
- Ventilator settings
- Sedation and paralysis
- Non-invasive ventilation
- Respiratory monitoring including waveform analysis
- ARDS, Unilateral lung disease, Obstructive airways disease
CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org or Sandra.Bee@hawkesbaydhb.govt.nz
FEE $300 (before25/5/2019) $450 (before 25/6/2019)